wiky food

Lentil Soup Recipe: Quick and Easy | How to Make Lentil Soup

Lentil Soup Recipe: Quick and Easy | How to Make Lentil Soup


welcome to wiky food
hi guys and welcome to  my name is George we're here

bringing you the rainbow of the plant kingdom figuring out creative ways to
get that into our bellies why are we doing this?
 we want to feel good we want to be lean, we want to be healthy and we're ready to go!
 let's do this thing

today we're gonna be making and incredibly delicious and deeply
satisfying super healthy lentil sweet potato kale soup. 
I'm gonna put a little bit of homemade vegetable broth and get that nice and simmered so that we can
start our onions...
 store-bought vegetable broth or a homemade vegetable broth is super easy and cheap. but both work
great here we go I'm just gonna put
about as much oil as you would put in if you were going to be sautéing some onions now we're gonna chop some onions and we're gonna get this party started
I'm gonna pop these guys in on a medium flame
 I'm gonna hit these onions with
just a bit of sea salt give them a mix and let them do their thing so this recipe calls for two large sweet
potatoes so I'm gonna use one and two small.
 we like sweet potatoes right?
yeah we do. this is a prime example of what could go into a vegetable broth here's a tiny one
you want to hold the little baby and 
give it some snuggles?

we're gonna cut up
these sweet potatoes into around this size we want them to cook with some speed so we don't want to eat them too full.
 "i can hold the knife" oh yeah you can hold the sharp knife I don't think so. 
"I can" I'm sure you can..

all right so this is around the size that we're going for you're getting the feel that's really all the heavy work there is to do for this soup.

 we're gonna measure out some green lentils these are an incredible source of protein antioxidants.
 "I want some" you're not gonna be able to eat this plain but you love these when they're cooked up.
 "i want to help" maybe.. ok,  2/3 of a cup thank you honey but
I'm gonna let her do this right in there.
 "where do i put it?" only place to put it!  mixing this all together the lentils are in now
we're gonna bring over the sweet potatoes. Blast off! we've got our onions simmering we've got our sweet potatoes and our lentils in this pot right now we need to add our vegetable broth I've got
homemade vegetable broth and regular store-bought.

 I'm gonna pour this on in Now that we've got all of our major ingredients in and our liquid into this soup we're gonna raise it up to high we want to get this to a boil and then we're gonna bring it back down while the soup is doing its 15 or 20 minutes and our sweet potatoes are nice and fork tender we're gonna hit it with just a bit of salt and pepper. 
This is a very critical ingredient to add  quite a lot of flavor - red wine vinegar -
sold everywhere.
one tablespoon of this makes this magical nuanced flavor happen.
 Last ingredients this is gonna add a lot of color, a lot of nutrients
we're gonna have two big handfuls of kale or spinach or a nice leafy green I like to do two big handfuls.
 before I'm ready to serve this I just want to taste this and make sure my salt and pepper
ratio is correct...
 
 so yummy I want a little more salt though so nurturing Sue them satisfying okay I'm gonna pull these up I'm gonna have a little lunch on our hands ready set... 
is it yummy do you want a little more?
great! Willow, do you want to taste this real quick?
lentil soup calories. lentil soup nutrition facts
come on in check it out ..
this soup it's so hearty and filling that if I
serve it with a bread and a side salad

it usually totally does the job for
dinner. it keeps getting better over the

next couple days please check it out and
be sure to subscribe, we'll see you back

next week for more ...   thank you